Boral Construction Materials considers safety an integral part of business and as such, we promote a culture where harm to our people through work is unacceptable. The Company is committed to providing safe and healthy working conditions for all people involved in our business including contractors, visitors, and the general public. We integrate safety objectives into our business operations and management systems at all levels within the Company and achievement of these objectives are celebrated by our various recognition and rewards programs.
At Boral Construction Materials, we understand the importance of investing into our safety program in an effort to achieve continued improvement. Examples of this practice include:
- Det Norske Veritas Safety Leadership Training for all levels of management
- Smith System defensive driver training for all employees that drive company vehicles
- Concrete mixer operator certification training
- Supervisor incident investigation & root cause training
- Various proactive incentive programs and contests
The safety goal at Boral Construction Materials is to create and sustain an injury-free work place in all of our business divisions – aggregates, concrete, and masonry. Our focus is on ZERO – zero injuries, zero accidents, and zero unsafe acts.